Much of what you can do to keep your puppy happy and healthy is to watch their diet, make sure they are getting plenty of exercise, regularly brush their teeth and coat. Be sure to adhere to the schedule of examinations and vaccinations that are recommended by your personal veterinarian.
Build your puppy routine care into your schedule to help your Chow live longer, stay healthier, and be happier during their lifetime. We cannot overemphasize the importance of a proper diet and exercise routine.
● Supervise your pet as you would a toddler. Keep doors closed, pick up
after yourself, and block off rooms as necessary. This will keep them out
of trouble and away from objects that they shouldn’t put in her mouth.
● Twice a year your puppy will blow their coat and lose crazy amounts of
hair; daily brushing is recommended during this time. However, if
possible we highly recommend brushing your puppy daily.
● Chow Chows generally have good teeth, and you can keep them perfect
by brushing them at least twice a week!
● Clean your puppy’s ears weekly and as young as possible.
● Your puppy is well suited to an apartment life as long as they are given
daily walks and short play sessions.
● They can be sensitive to warm temperatures; avoid any prolonged sun
exposure and be very alert to the signs of heat stress.
● Keep your dog’s diet consistent.
● Feed a high-quality diet appropriate for their age.
● Exercise your dog regularly, but don’t overdo it at first.”